Determine who will conduct your closing, and when and where it’s scheduled.
Since the closing process varies by state, ask the person conducting your closing what to expect. Things to ask:
- What do I need to bring to closing?
- How much money do I need to bring to closing? How do I pay?
- What if I decide to back out of the deal?
Review Your Closing Disclosure
By law, you must receive a five-page Closing Disclosure at least three days prior to your closing.
Bring these items with you:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, passport): The person handling the closing will need to make a copy of it.
- Appropriate payment for closing costs: Some companies require wired funds, while others accept a certified checks. Make sure you know what form of payment is acceptable.